Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just call me Master Brooke

As someone who is interested in everything, it was hard for me to choose a major in college, actually decide on one particular field of study. So I graduated in English. Theoretically, you can read about any topic in an English class. You can also read a lot of theoretical stuff.

When it came to choosing a career, though, my English degree didn't necessarily help. So it seemed well-suited to place myself in the field of libraries. That's the place where you can be smart at everything. Which is what I want to be when I grow up. Smart at everything.

I finished last semester, after 5 years of grad school.

Today I got my diploma in the mail. A crisp, embellished, but no-nonsense piece of paper. It is a glorious feeling.

13 comments:

annie said...

Good on ya mate!! (I've been watching waaay too much Finding Nemo) You should make some pants out of smarties and wear them with pride.

Marta said...

Congratulations!!

Deborah said...

Yay! I am so proud of you. Now go catalogue some books . . . :)

Bekah said...

Well done Master! I'm inspired to someday soon be one myself!

Julia said...

I'm so impressed. Great job and congratulations!

Edith Ann said...

Way to go Brooke! Congratulations.

trieste said...

Nice job Brooke! I got my diploma in the mail too. A little uneventful, but at least you dont have to sit through a boring speaker. You should go out and celebrate!

Gardener said...

Congratulations!

jami said...

woot-woo! congrats!!!!!

Erma said...

You'll have to tell your brothers to call you "Master Mama" instead of "Big Mama" now! This mama's heart is bursting with pride!! Love you, my diligent, hardworking, smart-at-everything daughter! mom

pamela said...

congratulations! so that is how long it takes when a mom decides to go back to school? i've wanted to go back to school myself and have always thought it would take years and years. way to go.

Randy Lynn said...

Congrats! Welcome to the library club!!

Jessica Steed said...

I'm so happy for you.
Congrats!
Glad you're coming to SG.
see you in April.